Sensitivity training is an effective solution in situations where an employee has demonstrated inappropriate or disrespectful behaviour in the workplace, particularly when conduct violates the organization’s policies relating to workplace harassment, discrimination, violence, codes of conduct, etc. One-to-one sensitivity training provides a supportive environment to help employees and people leaders understand concerns about their actions, and the impact their behaviour can have on other members in the workplace. Our training highlights the importance of maintaining a respectful, inclusive workplace that values the diversity of all its members.
At the completion of their sensitivity training, participants will be able to do the following:
- Understand and appreciate what is meant by the term respect.
- Become aware of legislation that guides respect in the workplace and obligations under it.
- Understand and acknowledge the implications of their own actions.
- Be responsible and accountable for their own actions.
- Recognize that each person has a role and responsibility to create and promote a respectful, professional, and comfortable work environment.
- Demonstrate leadership in the workplace.