Where there’s a will there’s a way, but without a will you have what’s called intestacy and that can be a huge problem. This is a major issue for Canadians. In fact, it’s estimated up to 70% of us don’t have a current or valid will. Most don’t even understand what can cause a will to become null and void.
By better understanding what happens with a will, without a will, and “when wills go wild”, you’ll be better informed and able to protect your family and loved ones.
At the end of this seminar, participants will be able to do the following:
- Know about the different types of wills in Canada
- Learn when you should have a will made
- Understand the top ten reasons to have your own will
- Realize what happens when you don’t have a will
- See what happens when an estate has insufficient funds to make payments
- Learn about charitable gifts made through wills
- Review an example of what happens "when wills go wild”
- Know when to review and update your will