Any time a strike occurs, regardless of the length of the strike or the issues involved, it is a difficult time for both employees and people leaders. If you’re involved, you may experience mixed emotions: anger, depression, frustration, or even guilt. Whether your organization is preparing for a strike, is currently experiencing one, or is dealing with the aftermath, this workshop will help you maintain a healthy approach when dealing with employees and their concerns during this challenging period of organizational unrest.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to do the following:
- Understand employee dynamics as they relate to a strike situation.
- Develop strategies for dealing with employee anger and resentment both inside the workplace and outside on the picket line.
- Recognize the lingering impact of stress caused by a strike on staff.
- Develop a plan for the employees’ return to work in the post-strike period.
- Apply techniques to promote a positive post-strike work environment.