Many people have either tried to quit smoking or know of someone who has. Individuals trying to break this harmful habit are often plagued by doubts and thoughts such as “I’ve smoked for such a long time that it won’t do me any good to stop now anyway,” or “It’s something that I do for me…it’s my choice, and besides it doesn’t hurt anyone else.” This seminar will help participants look at themselves and their reasons for smoking while also exploring some of the myths and realities surrounding this harmful habit. It will also provide guidelines, options, and most importantly, hope to those who would like to quit but have not yet been successful.
At the end of this seminar, participants will be able to do the following:
- Reinforce their reasons for quitting
- Understand the dangers of smoking
- Believe that they can quit
- Plan to quit through small behaviour changes
- Identify their smoking triggers
- Learn strategies for coping with cravings and staying smoke-free