Respect, they say, is a virtue that can never be bought - only earned. Needless to say, you earn respect only by giving it. That’s as true in the workplace as anywhere else, but it’s easily overlooked or forgotten in the daily pressures of the job.
A lack of respect in the workplace can take many forms, and can be perceived in different ways by different people. It’s important to be able to recognize and address disrespectful behaviour when it occurs, and even more important to prevent it by understanding its causes.
This online eLearning course uses graphics, animations, and interactive elements to provide a fast-paced, interactive learning experience. By the end of this course, you will:
- Gain a broader understanding of respect in the workplace
- Identify the four main factors that hamper a respectful workplace environment
- Clarify employer and employee responsibilities for promoting respect in the workplace
- Explore the impact of disrespectful behaviours in the workplace
- Identify and practice strategies for communicating concerns constructively