The legalization of cannabis for recreational use in Canada may present concerns and challenges in the workplace, including:
- Workplace safety
- Productivity and performance
- Impairment and testing
- Communicating clear policies and procedures
This webinar increases awareness of the impacts of cannabis legalization in the workplace and helps People Leaders to prepare for potential questions and challenges. The main focus is on health and safety as well as employer and employee rights and obligations. Participants will explore general guidelines for responding to impairment and will also be encouraged to explore their organization’s specific policies, procedures and protocols surrounding cannabis in the workplace.
The webinar also addresses the stigma that cannabis users may encounter at work and highlights the importance of creating a supportive workplace that promotes respect and inclusion for those facing challenges and strives to keep employees safe and healthy.
The takeaway participant’s guide provides a list of frequently asked questions which are also addressed in the workshop.
Note: discounts do not apply to public webinars
At the end of the webinar, the participants will learn and understand the following:
- What cannabis is
- The effects of cannabis use and how to identify them
- Bill C-45 (Cannabis Act)
- Impacts of the legalization of cannabis in the workplace
- Recreational and medical use in the workplace
- Ongoing issues on Cannabis use
- Top concerns for employers
- How to respond to workplace impairment
- Employers’ rights and obligations
- Health and safety
- Limits of accommodation
- Employees’ rights and obligations
- The importance of having a clear policy and communicating it