The legalization of cannabis for recreational use in Canada may present concerns and challenges in the workplace, including:
- Workplace safety
- Productivity and performance
- Impairment and testing
- Communicating clear policies and procedures
This workshop increases awareness of the impacts of cannabis legalization in the workplace and helps People Leaders to prepare for potential questions and challenges. The main focus is on health and safety as well as employer and employee rights and obligations. Participants will explore general guidelines for responding to impairment and will also be encouraged to explore their organization’s specific policies, procedures and protocols surrounding cannabis in the workplace.
The workshop also addresses the stigma that cannabis users may encounter at work and highlights the importance of creating a supportive workplace that promotes respect and inclusion for those facing challenges and strives to keep employees safe and healthy.
The takeaway participant’s guide provides a list of frequently asked questions which are also addressed in the workshop.
This workshop will increase your awareness of:
- Impacts of the legalization of cannabis in the workplace
- Top concerns for employers
- What cannabis is
- Recreational and medical use in the workplace
- The effects of cannabis use and how to identify them
- Employers’ rights and obligations
- Health and safety
- Limits of accommodation
- Employees’ rights and obligations
- The importance of having a clear policy and communicating it