The rapidly intensifying economic effects of COVID-19 on the world of work are proving to be far worse than the 2008-9 financial crisis. Global cutbacks equivalent to nearly 200 million full-time workers expected in the next three months alone, according to the UN International Labour Organization.
Canada lost nearly 2 million jobs in April of 2020 after Covid-19. Many team members have been given a temporary furlough, lay off, or even asked to take a pay cut and too many have lost their jobs.
And in contemplating future employment, options may seem limited by hiring freezes, declining employee numbers and a potentially slow-to-recover economy.
How can these individuals stay healthy and mentally fit?
This webinar will prepare everyone facing job loss and transition:
- The 5 stages of coping with an important loss
- Self-care strategies and tactics
- The secrets of positive thinking
- How to support loved ones while dealing with our own stress
- Manage worries about money and health
- Effectively juggle the avalanche of news, social media and emails
- How to access professional help when needed