Working in a Harassment-Free Environment
The clearest evidence of respect in the workplace can be found in productive, creative employees who share an awareness and appreciation of each other. When a workplace is lacking in respect, the signs can be destructive: high levels of turnover, conflict, and grievances, low levels of morale, attendance, and productivity.
This 2 hour training program provides a strong foundation for workplace respect and civility as well as easy to implement strategies to begin building more respectful workplaces today.
There is a pressing need to develop more respectful and harassment-free work environments in Canada
- 60% of participants report harassment as most commonly experienced in the workplace
- 30% experienced sexual harassment
- 21% experienced violence
- 3% experienced sexual violence
Source: Employment and Social Development Canada, “Harassment and sexual violence in the workplace public consultations - what we heard” (2017)
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to do the following:
- Gain a broader understanding of respect in the workplace
- Discuss accountability for respect in the workplace
- Explore the impact of harmful behaviours in the workplace
- Identify strategies for communicating concerns constructively