One of the most important concepts taught in our Estate Planning module is the importance of having a complete and up to date will that you review regularly. By nature, Estate Planning is a topic of financial planning that most people overlook for various reasons. Probably the most popular reason is the fear of planning for one’s own death. Another reason quite often is people have the mentality and thinking ‘I don’t care what happens after I am gone’.
Fortunately, with a little education and positive thinking, Estate Planning does not have to be a dreary chore. There are also many advantages to having an estate in good order:
- Reduces the chances of family issues once you are gone.
- Allows you to pass assets as you want them to and not what a government appointed official declares.
- Through proper estate planning you can minimize the taxes that your estate pays.
At the end of this seminar, participants will be able to do the following:
- Understand the importance of having an up to date will • Choose better ways to transfer assets
- Better use powers of attorney
- Understand how estate planning can affect your overall financial plan