Employees have the right to work in an environment that is free from violence and unacceptable behaviour. This workshop will focus on how you can develop an internal crisis response team within your organization to respond quickly and effectively to a traumatic situation or critical incident in the workplace. In this training, specially selected and designated team members will learn to act as first responders to colleagues affected by trauma, implement strategies to support their colleagues, and establish efforts to maintain a productive and healthy work environment during and after a critical incident. This program would be preceded by a commitment from the organization to develop an internal crisis response team (peer support network) and would follow several consultations between our team and your organization.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to do the following:
- Understand the normal reactions to traumatic stress.
- Comprehend how vicarious traumatization can affect crisis responders.
- Develop skills to become a helper and observe the boundaries associated with helping.
- Apply various intervention strategies such as demobilization, defusing, debriefing, follow up, and stress management.
- Understand how to prepare for and engage in this type of work while minimizing the risk of burnout.