In the past, the definition of family seemed to fit into a neat little box; there was mom, dad, the kids, and the extended family. This traditional definition is no longer sufficient to describe this social institution, as the definition of a family is significantly broader today than it has been historically. This seminar explores today’s family life, which can often seem complicated and challenged by circumstances such as divorce, a feeling of lack of time, poor communication, and competition from electronic gadgets. Participants will have the opportunity to see that, despite these issues, it is possible to build a great family life.
At the end of this seminar, participants will be able to do the following:
- Define the makeup of today’s family.
- Understand the challenges families may face.
- Apply techniques for making time for their families.
- Better communicate with their families.
* indicates a seminar that can be deducted from your value add credits