Preparing for retirement can be a lot of work. Whether you’ve just begun to consider retiring or you’ve been preparing for some time, make sure you take the necessary steps to make your road to retirement a smooth one. This seminar will give participants an overview of important considerations as they approach retirement. It includes pertinent information about how and when to transfer retirement savings and how to claim various sources of income. Employees will also review key points discussed in previous seminars in the series, making it an ideal way to round out their retirement planning.
At the end of this seminar, participants will be able to do the following:
- Consider the tangible and intangible factors in the decision to retire (i.e., getting help, changing their mind, part-time work, and phased retirement).
- Begin pension payments (forms of pension for defined benefit arrangements,* transfer options, and considerations for defined contribution arrangements*).
- Understand more about drug benefit coverage.
- Develop an investment strategy.
- Choose an advisor.
- Access an “Am I ready to retire?” checklist.