Professionals, including doctors, nurses, social workers, and the entire complementary staff who work in the world of hospitals, long-term care services, or any other helping profession are often assumed to be tough, energetic, high-spirited, and unaffected by the daily exposure to trauma that comes along with their jobs. At their core, they are no different than the rest of the world. This dynamic and interactive workshop will help these professionals understand how they can be affected by the events that surround them and manage as best as possible, the risk of fatigue from their work.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to do the following:
- Understand the term crisis and the normal human reactions to crisis situations.
- Comprehend how staff is typically affected by the events that surround them.
- Define the terms trauma versus vicarious trauma.
- Understand the stages of burnout and recovery.
- Implement self-care and holistic caregiver tips.