Resiliency is often described as your ability to bounce back from adversity and in today’s landscape, that’s a welcome attribute. Recognized as one of the most vital coping skills for surviving the workplace, resiliency enables you to be more flexible and able to bend to change. Someone who is more resilient is better equipped to face life’s challenges head-on, even in times of uncertainty.
Everyone is born with a natural resilience, but often we lose sight of this innate ability amongst all the hustle and bustle of life. With our Thriving under pressure workshop, we’ll show you how to improve self-awareness and teach you how to develop coping skills to help you increase overall resilience.
Thriving under pressure workshop
Our Workplace Learning resiliency workshop begins by answering two big questions: What is resilience and why is it important? We explore ways to foster resilience through resources and exercises to help you better understand this critical skill, showing you how to adapt to change and how to develop emotional intelligence – two vital components in building resiliency.
Participants will learn how to:
- Understand why some people thrive in challenging situations, while others become overwhelmed
- Recognize attitudes, actions, and choices that contribute to resilience
- Be aware of the mind-body connection and how it can either support or hijack resilient attitudes
- Implement strategies for thriving under pressure, including in the face of organizational change
- Learning that building a supportive network, evaluating and adjusting priorities, and maintaining an optimistic inner voice will help your employees be more resilient both at work and at home, for a more resilient workforce.
Benefits of resiliency at work
- Supports a mentally healthy and psychologically safe workplace – in alignment with the National Standard of Canada for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Fosters a workforce that is better able to cope effectively with change
- Fosters a workforce that can face challenges openly and with confidence
- Improves working relationships amongst team members
- Improves problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Increases productivity and engagement
- Reduces workplace stress
- Encourages work-health-life balance
This instructor-led workshop is offered in two modules: half day and full day. Through a complimentary workplace learning consultation with one of our experts, you can learn more about Thriving under pressure: Resiliency at work.